Safety Director: Joseph R. Nelson
Role & Responsibilities:
- To implement and enforce safety measures and regulations to insure that we protect the health and welfare of our employees and the employees of our customers at all times and in all situations.
- To promote awareness, alertness, and good judgment on the part of all employees to identify and correct any and all hazards and/or unsafe acts for the protection of each person involved or impacted by our performance of our work.
- To provide training and instruction to establish a safety culture in which employees themselves help to promote proper safety procedures while on the job. New employees are trained in the procedures and requirements to help maintain that culture.
- To insure that we comply with all requirements of MSI policy, our customers, OSHA, MSHA, ANSI, and NIOSH.
- Visit all jobsites for inspection, review, and task safety assessment.
Take immediate action to remediate any unsafe conditions or remove unsafe personnel
from jobsites. Initiate disciplinary action for non-compliance to safety requirements.
- Perform background checks and oversee drug screenings on employees to identify
possible non-compliant personnel.
- Respond to all accidents and incidents to assist with treatment and perform an investigation as to causes, identification, and prevention.
- Attend weekly management meetings to report on jobsite activities, any safety infractions, corrective actions taken, and discussion of any upcoming challenges.
- South Carolina Chapter of the National Safety Council OSHA 30-Hour Training Program for the Construction Industry.
- Amerisure Insurance OSHA Construction Training
- Confined Space Entry and Attendant Supervisor Training
- National Safety Council and American Red Cross training for:
- AED – ADULT AND CHILD
- STANDARD FIRST AID
- CPR–ADULT, CHILD, AND INFANT
- LAY RESPONDER–FA AND CPR/AED
- FUNDAMENTALS OF INSTRUCTOR TRAINING
- MSHA Metal/Non-metal Above Ground Safety Training
- MSHA PART 46 Training and Certification of Personnel
- MSHA Mine Safety and Confined Space Training